Hannes Björninen, Lead Engineer at Fluidit Ltd
I lead the Fluidit Water Resources Team and spearhead the software product development and the business focusing on urban hydrology, stormwater management and flood analysis. I work with water authorities, city councils and private companies to facilitate a transition to holistic management of surface water resources, urban catchments and related infrastructure by using efficient model-based data-analytics. Stemming from my consulting and design background, I strive to develop tools that make day-to-day modelling work, in-depth analysis and visualisation of data a streamlined and intuitive process.
• M.Sc. (Tech) Civil Engineering, Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) with 12 years of international experience in water resources modelling, design and engineering consulting in Australia (Sydney, Melbourne and Tasmania) and across Finland.
• Experienced design lead and project manager for projects such as flood studies, water cycle management strategies, Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) and the design of stormwater management infrastructure.
• Passionate about working towards UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), integrated urban water management and the use of green infrastructure to improve the resilience of our cities and communities in the face of Climate Change.
• Selected to join United Nation's UNLEASH 2019 Innovation Lab in Shenzhen, China to solve complex global problems and develop scalable solutions that help to achieve SDG 6 Clean Water and Sanitation.
• Specialist in the hydrological and hydraulic modelling of urban and rural catchments using a range modelling tools and Geographic Information Systems (GIS). In addition to the Fluidit product line, I am an experienced user of TUFLOW, SMS, Infoworks ICM, EPA SWMM, HEC-RAS, DRAINS, RAFTS, WBNM and RORB. I proficiently use GIS software including MapInfo, ArcGIS, QGIS, and SAGA as well as civil design software AutoCAD and 12D.
Modelling, Data, GIS, Stormwater Management, Integrated Water Cycle Management, Water Sensitive Urban Design, WSUD, Hydrology, Drainage, Water Engineering, Design, Hydroinformatics, Project Management, Sustainable development, UNLEASH, IMPACTR